Please register now so we can cross check who is going, with the list Mark Campbell has. This registration at this point is for informational purposes only.
For now we need to know who is going, how many guests and some of your preferences. There will be questions you must answer during the registration process. Once we get a good idea of head count, a cost to attend the event will be published and invoiced to you.
Friday the 6th, KABQ or KAEG arrivals, lodging at Clyde Hotel.
Saturday the 7th, Bus ride to Balloon Fiesta and dawn launch, 5 am
Sunday the 8th, choice of another Balloon Fiesta day, or other activities on your own.
Monday the 9th, departures
Below is information from Mark Campbell, our local SWBS Albuquerque resident, who is spearheading this event for us.
Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta 2023
So I hope your all excited to fly to my neck of the woods. I need to get some commitments and answers to lock in transportation, lodging and events.
Name________________________ Tail #___________ SWBS #__________
The event dates are Friday October 6th to Monday October 8th but you can arrive early and stay after if you let the hotel know when you book your room (transportation will be on your own for those days).
- o Check you will be Using Bus Transportation #_____
- o Check if you will us rental car (Book Early)
- o Check your choice of #_____ Estimated Time_____ Below
- 1. Friday the 6th
- Fly in to Class D Double Eagle. Tie downs are $10 per day, first day waved with fuel purchase. Over 50 tie downs, only two or three hangers on a first-come first-served basis $35 per night for hangar, only two or three rental cars on first come first serve basis, they do have a restaurant on airport 8AM to 2PM.
- o #_____ Estimated Time_____
- Flying into Class C Albuquerque International (KABQ) fuel at cutter $.50 discount for our group. Over 50 tie downs on first come 1st served basis, $25 per day first day waved with fuel.
- Rental cars available Book early at this time unlimited availability.
- o #_____ Estimated Time_____
- o Check box if you will be using shuttle bus from airports #_____ of passengers. Bus Shuttles from Airports to The Clyde Hotel every hour 10am to 6pm.
- Dinner on your own
Please provide number of rooms type of room, (King or Double Queen) and number of nights and dates
# Of rooms______ Type Room King____ Double_____
- 2. Saturday Morning the 7th Bus ride to Balloon Fiesta Park @ 5am Back to Hotel @1pm please check and provide number that will be going to balloon fiesta on the bus.
- o Attending #______#_____Using bus
If you’re driving your rental car suggest you use park-and-ride
Around 4pm Bus ride to Nuclear Museum
6pm Catered Dinner at Museum #______
Bus back to Hotel @9pm
- o Check if you would like a bar Service at dinner
3. Sunday Morning the 8th is a backup day if weather is bad on Saturday> Schedule will be the same as the 7th without the Nuclear Museum With other activities around Albuquerque.
Please check interest and number for interest in other activities for Sunday
- o #_____ Trip to Sandia Casino and Resort for Gambling and Food
- o #_____Trip to Unser Racing Museum
- o #_____Trip to Old Town for Shopping and Dining
- o #_____ Trip to Sandia Peak Tramway
- o #_____ Trip to Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
That’s it the just start. When you return the survey we will send you a code to reserve your room. Book ASAP
- 3. Monday Morning the 9th
- Take pilots back to Airports Starting at 7am every hour till noon.
- Please let me know estimated time and number for trip on the bus back to the airport you’re tie down at?
- Time______ #_____
Look forward to seeing you all